The Vlamingh Memorial honours William De Vlamingh who landed in this area on 5 January 1697 and is the southern most point of Cottesloe.
In 2010 CCA and the Town of Cottesloe were funded by the Australian government’s Caring for Country program to restore an area used by hang gliders that has been badly eroded. In 2010 the cliff face was stabilised and the surrounding area planted with local species.
CCA works in this area every year to maintain the plantings from our last major project in 2005 funded by Coastwest and the Town Of Cottesloe.
The new project area is to the north of the area enclosed by the green line.
View larger map